SASM News (197)
Microbiologists’ Warning on Climate Change
We invite all microbiologists to endorse the Microbiologists’ Warning – microorganisms are so critical to achieving an environmentally sustainable future that ignoring them risks the fate of Humanity.
Call for Applications for DAAD ‘in Country’ PhD Scholarships to study Biochemistry/Microbiology at Rhodes University
DAAD is offering three-year PhD scholarships for full-time study towards the PhD degree in Biochemistry and Microbiology at Rhodes University starting February 2019. The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). A maximum of 5 scholarships are available for admission in 2019. The scholarships cover costs associated with the degree and include a monthly stipend of 500 Euro.
- Citizens of a sub-Saharan country (excluding South Africa);
- MSc degree (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology or a related science completed not more than 6 years ago;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Strong motivation and commitment.
Please submit the following documentation as a single PDF file
- Letter of motivation (explaining your interest in Biochemistry/Microbiology and why you wish to do a PhD. Maximum 1 page);
- CV using the template found here: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose
- Certified copy of academic transcript/degree certificates;
- Reference letters from 2 academic references;
- Passport/ID as proof of citizenship.
Female applicants and applicants from less privileged backgrounds are encouraged to participate in the programme
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email with further instructions. If you do not hear from us by 31 August 2018, you should assume that your application was not successful.
To combine PDF documents – see this website https://smallpdf.com/merge-pdf