The Biofuels Postgraduate Programme aims to develop human capital through scientific and engineering training. Research-based Master’s and Doctoral programmes are offered at the Departments of Microbiology and Process Engineering at Stellenbosch University.
Students can choose from a variety of research areas, including:
- Microbial Strain Development & Fermentation Processes
- Alternative products from lignocellulosic waste (biorefinery concept)
- Pre-treatment & Fractionation of Biomass
- Pyrolysis & Gasification of Biomass
- Process Modelling for Energy Efficiency, Economics & Lifecycle Analyses
ONLY South African citizens with the relevant qualifications (HonsBSc/BScEng/BEng for Master’s and MSc/MScEng for Doctoral studies) are invited to apply for the 2016 Master’s and Doctoral programmes in the fields of Microbiology or Chemical Engineering.
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2015