Displaying items by tag: SASM
Less than a month left to get those abstracts in!! Do it now!!
Abstract deadline: 28 February 2020
Microbiologists’ Warning on Climate Change
We invite all microbiologists to endorse the Microbiologists’ Warning – microorganisms are so critical to achieving an environmentally sustainable future that ignoring them risks the fate of Humanity.
1. SASM is the voice of professional Microbiologists to the South African Council for Natural Science Professions and Government structures
2. SASM is affiliated to the International Union of Microbiological Societies (IUMS) with representatives in IUMS Committees, Commissions and Federations:
- Fanus Venter: International Committee on Systematics of Prokaryotes (ICSP)
- Evodia Setati: The International Commission on Yeast (ICY)
- Pieter Gouws: The International Committee on Food Microbiology and Hygiene (ICFMH)
- Chrissie Ray: International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV)
3. Direct links to international conferences and congresses presented by IUMS, including eligibility for IUMS travel grants.
4. Interact with microbiologists from South Africa and become part of the Microbiology Community.
5. Direct access to information about bursaries and post-doc opportunities.
6. A communication channel for job adverts, news, funding opportunities and matters affecting microbiology.
7. Discounted registration fees at SASM organised conferences
SASM2018 TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATIONS
SASM will sponsor the conference fees of 12 deserving students (2 Honours, 5 MSc and 5 PhD students) presenting at the SASM2018 congress in Muldersdrift in April 2018.
We require the SASM community's assistance to decide on a new SASM logo. Follow THIS LINK to vote for your favourite from a list of 13 new logo designs. You can only vote for one, so please choose judiciously. Voting closes next Tuesday 4 July @ 17h00.
Kindly note: These images are under copyright. It is unlawful to copy, crop, alter, remove watermark, reproduce, print, take a screenshot, cell phone pic, or right click to save any images.
Dear SASM member
Please note the following important society announcements:
The South African Society for Microbiology's 19th Biennial Congress, SASM2016, will be held at the Coastlands Umhlanga Convention Centre, Durban, from the 17th to the 20th of January 2016. SASM2016 is organised by Durban University of Technology. Online registration and abstract submission details are now available.
Please note the following updates:
SASM will sponsor the conference fees of 25 deserving students (5 Hons, 10 MSc and 10 PhD students) presenting at the SASM2016 congress in Umhlanga in January 2016.