In April, we had no option but to advise the postponement of the South African Society for Microbiology (SASM) 2020 Conference.
A decision has been taken to proceed with a virtual conference from 4 - 6 May 2021 to ensure maximum participation from the southern African region.
The topics will remain as originally stated:
- Microbes interacting with humans and other animals
- Microbes interacting with plants
- Microbes interacting with each other
- Microbes interacting with the built and natural environment
- Microbes interacting with food and beverages
- Microbes interacting with chemicals
Oral presentations will be 10 minutes and poster presentations will be posted on a platform with discussion time allowed for in the programme.
The abstract system will re-open and previous abstracts will have to be updated and re-uploaded for review again. New abstracts are also welcome.
The new deadlines for abstract submission and registration as well as the updated registration fees will be announced soon and SASM will still offer a discounted rate to its members and students.
Keep your eyes open for the updated website (www.sasm2020.co.za) as well.
Carla de Jager
On behalf of the SASM 2020 Conference Committee