Lecturer Position: The University of Fort HareWritten by Heinrich Volschenk
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned permanent position in the Faculty of Science and Agriculture
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teach microbiology modules at both undergraduate and Honours levels
- Supervise postgraduate students
- Attract research funds for the University
- Participate in administrative duties for smooth departmental operations
- Participate in community engagement activities
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree in Microbiology. PhD will be added advantage.
- At least two years teaching experience at the undergraduate levels.
- Good knowledge of specialised techniques in microbiology and molecular biology.
- Proven ability to publish research articles in DHET accredited journals.
- Involvement in the wider academic community (e.g. membership of a professional body)
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from
designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.
The University reserves the right NOT to appoint
Closing Date: Friday, 24 November, 2017 - 23:45