- According to current registration statistics, the conference will be attended by more than 300 delegates. If you still need to register follow this link.
- Please note that the Barnyard Social has been changed to the Welcome Cocktail and Beer Festival (Sunday, 17th January 2016 @18h00) at a cost of R250/p instead. We still encourage registration for this event as its excellent value and at a great venue (top floor of the conference venue, Coastlands Hotel, Umhlanga). More importantly, only delegates with a cocktail ticket can attend the lead plenary by Dr Karen E. Nelson (J. Craig Venter Institute, JCVI) prior to the welcoming cocktail and beer festival on Sunday evening!
- The Annual General Meeting of SASM takes place on Monday (18th January 2016, 16h15 - 17h15). There will be no official social event after the AGM, so the evening is free for delegates to explore Durban.
- The Gala dinner and Awards evening is scheduled for Tuesday evening (19th January 2016, 18h30).
- A final draft of the scientific programme with more than 100 talks and 120 posters is available here. There are some excellent plenary speakers at this conference.
- Accommodation: The Coastlands Hotel is excellent value for money - 5 star rating with 2 star cost. The entire hotel has been booked for SASM 2016, with special rates when bookings are made directly as per the code (DUT – 1577701). There are also 4 sleeper rooms available at a good rate, ideal for students.
- Transport: All transport to the conference is for delegates own cost.
Sunday, 01 November 2015 09:23
SASM 2016: UpdateWritten by Heinrich Volschenk
The SASM 2016 Biennial Congress, organised by Durban University of Technology, is scheduled to take place from 17-20 January 2016 (in Coastlands, Umhlanga).
Here are some updates to take note of:
Latest from Heinrich Volschenk
Login to post comments